Sunday, May 12, 2013

Highway 61 Collectibles 1:16 scale 1974 Chevy Custom Van...


Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. --(John 12:4-6)

I have been much remiss in posting on this blog lately.  God has chosen to use this element of my life to bless others with His Word, and for a while I followed the council of those who did not have the best interests of my readers or myself in mind, heaping upon my head among other things, the "crime" of having material blessings that many others do not, when I should instead strip them from my soul, sell and give to the poor.

Mark these words...

Urgings for the poor far too often come from the ones who only seek to enrich themselves.

When material things come your way, delight in them with hands that don't close around them, and be ready to send them on to other needs as led by His Holy Spirit.

With that, recently I was given a large lot of American Flyer S scale track from a gentleman with the condition that I do not give it away, but swap it for something else, then let him know what I got for it.

Well...I got alot...starting with this rather awesome diecast van.  Having grown up in the 70s, this...and not some gas sipping tuner out of Japan...was what you wanted to drive.  --Well, that or maybe the '69 Baldwin Motion Camaro I also got in the deal-- Alas, during its packaging in the factory back in 2003, a factory worker left out the antennas, a large whip one for the CB in the rear door and a smaller one for the radio up front. 

 photo IMG_1255-640_zpsa7462985.jpg


 photo IMG_1250-640_zps9bbbcd91.jpg

 photo IMG_1248_zps7b1a6955.jpg

 photo IMG_1247-640_zpsddc9bc1f.jpg

These came in several variations, including a rather awesome one with this Frank Frazetta painting.  Unlike most diecast that go down (sometimes way down) in value, these vans have gone up rather dramatically...the Frazetta models typically selling for upwards of $400 each.  Even this basic black one can command $200 on a good day, very unusual for diecast and very generous on the part of the brother in Christ who dealt with me on it.

You'll hafta wait for that Camaro 'til tomorrow...


No comments: